2011-01-16

Logic Gate Clock #1

THIS IS AN OLD POST. THE FINAL UPDATE AVAILABLE HERE.

Started the design quite a while ago, but never had chance to actually begin building it...
until now
:D
So basic idea was to build a clock using only logic IC chips.
This project was inspired by IEEE winner - all transistor clock.

My design so far:
NOTE: Crystal at 32.768kHz, C2 is changed to 150pF, C1 is changed to 42nF, and Vref = 5.54V
I have begun troubleshooting the design
by using Quartus II simulation.
You can find all the simulation, design, and datasheets HERE.

Today
I have fine-tuned the circuitry to output roughly around 1Hz.
Because I do not own an oscilloscope,
I just used a stop watch to calibrate this...

I also started soldering the circuitry on a prototype board
:D

I will be able to finish this project
as soon as my online-ordered soldering pump arrives from China.
The following video shows counting seconds in BINARY CODED DECIMAL.



By Joe Kwuen

No comments:

Post a Comment