2011-03-16

RC Car Ideas

 Just got my chassis for robotics project I am going to start soon...

Lol Chinese food while going through all the new stuff I got today
This was it in the beginning.

It took me a while to build it completely. 
After testing the complete OEM chassis, found out that 4 wheel wasn't going to work.
so i modified it a bit to make it into 2 wheel


Its prt robust chassis. It can be better thou...

2 wheels definitely helped.
So up till now, I have the rear wheel for acceleration.
Planning to (somehow) add a servo in the front for steering.
If not, I guess i can do the ghetto way...
(one wheel turning faster than the other; thus turning)

I am not sure if I want to change the dc motors.
I will find out after i get further into the project...
I definitely need battery thou.
preferably lithium...
It did come with sturdy 3xAA holders, but 
3xAA = 4.5V... sad lol

yayy
Anyways... video of its acceleration...


Oh, one more thing b4 I go to bed :D
I got this bluetooth module (not rn-41 which I used b4) for under 10 dollars (everything included)...
which is a super deal considering that rn-41 is around 30 + shipping and tax
yea so if anyone wants one, just use ebay and not sparkfun lol




By Joe Kwuen

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's wierd. Just ordered exactly the same parts two days ago, and now I see this post including both! Anyways, got my bluetooth module at goodluckbuy.com, not ebay. Did you buy your robot chassis at dealextreme? And why are you talking about 4 wheel drive? It is meant to steer by spinning one wheel faster than the other, and it's originally 2 wheel rear wheel drive, right?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.


    Robotics Project

    ReplyDelete